Travel Tips from LaGuardia Central Terminal B
Our multi-billion-dollar redevelopment of Central Terminal B is currently underway and we’re sharing our travel tips to help navigate the airport. We would also like to emphasize the need to allow extra travel time and to take public transportation if possible.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Whether you’re taking the bus, getting dropped-off, or driving yourself, be sure to allow extra travel time. This is the busiest time of the year and increased traffic and longer lines for check-in and security are expected. Have time to spare? LaGuardia Central Terminal B has 2 food courts and numerous retail shops you can enjoy.
- Take Public Transportation: Save money, the environment, and help reduce traffic congestion by using the newly rebranded LaGuardia Link (Q70) MTA bus that travels between the Roosevelt Avenue subway station and LaGuardia Central Terminal B. For complete information on all public transportation options, visit: http://laguardiaairport.com/getting-to-from/by-public-transit/
- Finding Your Taxi or Uber at Arrival: The taxis have been relocated to the west side of the terminal on the arrivals level. Please follow signage and allow extra time, as taxis will be in high demand during peak travel times. To meet your drivers for Uber or Lyft, proceed to the front of the arrivals level.
- Stay Connected: Before leaving for the airport, check your flight status. And for more information on the airport:
- Parking: Parking will be extremely limited February 16th through the 26th due to travel during President’s Day weekend and the mid-winter school break.
- For rates, real time capacity updates and more info, visit: http://laguardiaairport.com/getting-to-from/parking/
- Parking Lot 10 (P10): This lot is for long term parking and a free shuttle bus takes passengers from the lot to Terminal B. A winter parking special is available for only $18/day through 05/31/17. Directions to P10 can be found on the LaGuardia Airport website athttp://laguardiaairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/P10-Directions.pdf
- Parking Lot 5 (P5): P5 is an hourly lot and also includes 3 hours of free parking in the cell phone lot.
- Parking Lot 4 (P4): P4 is a daily lot.
- Rental Car Customers: If you are planning to rent a car, a new Rental Car Transfer Point has opened in front of Terminal A/Marine Air Terminal. Customers can now take a free airport shuttle bus (blue route) between LaGuardia Central Terminal B and the Rental Car Transfer Point, where they will board car rental shuttles to their designated rental car agency. More information can be found here: http://laguardiaairport.com/news/rental-car-shuttle-relocation/
- Have time to spare? LaGuardia Central Terminal B has two food courts and numerous retail shops to enjoy.